Hostal Florida Terrace – Santa Clara, Cuba
Private Bedrooms in a nice restored Colonial House at $39 each
18 guests6 bedrooms 12 beds 3 baths
Essentials (Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper)
- Air conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Private locks in bedrooms
- Hot/cold water
- Garden or backyard
About our place
Hostal Florida Terrace is an old and interesting place of great charm and colonial beauty. Recently restored, this property used to be a partially destroyed colonial palace hiding behind a high stone wall – rather inaccessible and with a little bit of mystery. It’s in a perfect location in Santa Clara, just 200 meters from Vidal Park (downtown) and very close to the Central Plaza. Its furniture and lamps in Art Deco style give the house a special touch. You’ll love our patio and roof terrace!
In our house, we have 6 air-conditioned, spacious, illuminated, and ventilated rooms. The rooms in our house are distributed on the first two floors: ground floor: rooms 1, 2 and 3; first floor: rooms 4, 5 and 6. Each room has 2 beds where 2-3 persons can sleep comfortably. All rooms have 2 queen beds but Room 3 and 6 which have a queen and double bed.
Each room has a safe and refrigerator. In front of each room, there is an area for smoking or reading. Every two rooms we have a shared bathroom with a good shower and cold/hot water.
If you come with a large group, you can also enjoy any of our rooms with similar quality and comfort at our sister Hostal Florida Center.
Our Patio and Lovely Terraces
We have a large patio, ideal for exquisite breakfasts and meals; or to read, talk and smoke if you wish. Excellent decoration with beautiful tropical plants and comfortable tables and chairs.
Our place is called Hostal Florida Terrace mainly because of the two lovely terraces where our guests can meet and enjoy their day/night. Our terrace on the second floor is a viewpoint with excellent views of the city and also a solarium. On the roof, you can enjoy a good terrace with a Bar with cocktail service and music. Ideal to relax and enjoy good Cuban music.
Guests will be able to enjoy good privacy as they have access to common areas in the house (restaurant, roof, bars, lobby) Fridge is provided stocked but items are charged extra. During the guest stay, we will show up for the cleaning service, linen change and also if the breakfast/meal service is requested.
- Tours around the city (English and French). Tourist information.
- Excursions to nearby places: Varadero, Havana, Playa Larga, among others.
- Laundry service.
- Pick up service at the Viazul bus station and also at the airport.
- Wifi Internet service
I am Angel Quintin, a hard working man hosting travelers for many years now. We’re very friendly people and love to meet travelers. Our staff speaks English and French. We can also help to understand about everyday life in Cuba and guiding newcomers during their first steps in the city
Address: Calle Maestra Nicolasa #59 entre Colon y Maceo, Santa Clara.
Santa Clara is a great town to walk around. Thanks to the university here, the city has a bit of a typical college-town vibe. The location of our place allows you to easily visit the tourist attractions of the city, such as :
– PARQUE VIDAL: It is the heart of the city along with a separate 5-block-long pedestrian-only mall called the Boulevard where you’ll find a series of shops and restaurants aimed at travelers.
– TEATRO LA CARIDAD: Just by Parque Vidal, it’s an active and ornate 19th-century theater modeled after the Paris Opera, often featuring concerts and shows.
– FABRICA DE TABACOS: Excellent Cigar Factory which produces high-quality cigars. Across the street, there’s a well-stocked shop, La Casa del Tabaco
and you can quickly find transportation to other attractions:
– MONUMENTO DEL CHE: it’s the biggest attraction in town at Plaza de la Revolución, on the western outskirts of the city.
– EL TREN BLINDADO: The Armored Train Monument is a popular revolutionary landmark.
Check out more info in our guidebook